Making a progressive house remix

Stuff to keep you learning.
no avatar
chronos

Topic author

Making a progressive house remix

by chronos » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Hi everyone,
I was doing a studio session today on twitch, about making a progressive house drop. There were some people asking for a tutorial like this, so I tried to combine a tutorial with a studio session.

It is available here at twitch, I'm not sure how long will it be, but hopefully it helps anyone who struggles with progressive house layering, processing and other stuff :)

Hope it helps, if there are any questions just ask!

no avatar
chronos

Topic author

Re: Making a progressive house remix

by chronos » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:18 am

I just saw the topic was approved yesterday, hope the video helps :)

no avatar
JeroenJongsma

by JeroenJongsma » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:16 am

thnx man!

no avatar
Niore

by Niore » Fri May 06, 2016 9:43 pm

thx buddy

no avatar
JcZam

by JcZam » Tue May 24, 2016 4:24 pm

chronos wrote:I just saw the topic was approved yesterday, hope the video helps :)

Thank you so much mate!, amazing studio session, dude I've some questions, how did you changed the tempo of the track with flex time?, because I do it with time and pitch machine, and I want to know the pros and cons of each method. My other question is, how did you "group" your audio files (like you did on minute 11:58)?.

Thank you so much for taking almost 2 hours of your time to share some knowledge, I've learned a lot from your video, keep up the good work!.

Cheers!

no avatar
chronos

Topic author

by chronos » Tue May 24, 2016 4:37 pm

JcZam wrote:
chronos wrote:I just saw the topic was approved yesterday, hope the video helps :)

Thank you so much mate!, amazing studio session, dude I've some questions, how did you changed the tempo of the track with flex time?, because I do it with time and pitch machine, and I want to know the pros and cons of each method. My other question is, how did you "group" your audio files (like you did on minute 11:58)?.

Thank you so much for taking almost 2 hours of your time to share some knowledge, I've learned a lot from your video, keep up the good work!.

Cheers!

Hey man, glad it helped!

About putting files into folder, the combination is command + shift + F, but you can do it with the right click also.
For the flex tool, I use it because it sounds way better in my opinion than with time and pitch machine (it sounds a lot cleaner).
The way you do it is you start project with the tempo of the acapella and then put in the audio file. Check if the song is really in the tempo you have with the metronome, then open the flex tool. In the beggining it says off, I usually select polyphonic for the acapellas. After that you should be able to change the tempo of the project and the acapella should speed up/slow down with it. This way you can also make a song to change tempo, something like MoTi remix of Lean on :)

no avatar
JcZam

by JcZam » Thu May 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Thank you for the information dude! :D

no avatar
bartholdegand

by bartholdegand » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks for sharing dude. Greatly appreciated

no avatar
AndrewPearsonMusic

by AndrewPearsonMusic » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:24 pm

Really informative dude thanks for this!

Was thinking about getting started with twitch for music production too, mostly having trouble with the audio coming thru on the stream. How do you set it up? Thanks in advance :)

no avatar
chronos

Topic author

by chronos » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:43 am

AndrewPearsonMusic wrote:Really informative dude thanks for this!

Was thinking about getting started with twitch for music production too, mostly having trouble with the audio coming thru on the stream. How do you set it up? Thanks in advance :)

I'm using OBS and I have UAD soundcard, so I don't have to do much.
Maybe try using soundflower, there are some tutorials on youtube how to get the audio on the stream.

Next

Return to Tutorials