Starting from scratch, tips needed!

Share your production secrets.
no avatar
Magik87

Topic author

Starting from scratch, tips needed!

by Magik87 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:21 pm

Hey guys! Ok so basically for the last few years I have been struggling to make music, I feel i have been running around in circles and most of the things I try just sound shit, think its a combination of bad knowledge and me doing same things over and over expecting a different outcome aka insanity.

So guys I have been checking out some of your video-posts here and I realised you guys create that quality of music I want to learn. What I please ask of you guys if you would be so kind to post me some suggestions, tutorials, attitudes, basically anything that could help me to learn to make the kind of high quality music you guys are making.

Thank you in advanve and keep up the awesome work

/M

no avatar
NIXX

Re: Starting from scratch, tips needed!

by NIXX » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Check Maarten Vorwerk On Facebook, he has some good tips, and i suggest you to set an arrangement for the track. and of course you will learn a lot from this forum , Good Luck man ;)

no avatar
Steve

Re: Starting from scratch, tips needed!

by Steve » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:25 pm

Something that really helped when I first started producing was just copying my favourite tracks at that moment. What I mean by this is, drag your favourite track into your DAW and try to remake it as close as you possibly can. Doing this taught me a ton about arrangement, effects & sample selection and a whole bunch of other things. It's a good learning process and the more you become better at it, the more you can 'take' certain elements and techniques that you learned while remaking tracks and use them in your own tracks.

Hope it helps!

Return to Tips and Tricks