Tracks to sample kicks!

Share your production secrets.
no avatar
Aryss
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Aryss » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:00 pm

Fezza wrote:
9Four wrote:can someone post the payback kick?


I tried sampling out of the tracks posted here, bought the WAV tracks on beatport --- I wasn't able to get a great sample of the Payback kick...so if someone has a better one please post. Here's a zip of a few samples I did get from African Drop, Alive, Broken, Payback. http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/daoVHlLP/file.html

Thanks for the effort. But it really sounds like you only did simple editing by just cutting out the parts where the bassdrum hits. The samples you ended up with are full of noise from other elements in the mix, and need to be isolated. Even the 'Alive'-kick could be sampled a lot cleaner than the one you ended up with.

As a lot of you guys here requested, I've sampled the full 'Payback'-kick (including sub): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvrayavyciddv ... k.wav?dl=0
It's ultra-clean, no weird noise on top of it or anything like that, so you don't have to worry about cleaning up the sample.
I know sampling clean kick drums is not always easy, so if anyone else has requests for sampling drums, hit me up (preferably within this thread, but you can send private requests as well if you want to). I sample lots of kick drums when I'm bored, so I basically do it for fun. ;)

no avatar
Fezza
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Fezza » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:27 am

Aryss wrote:
Fezza wrote:
9Four wrote:can someone post the payback kick?


I tried sampling out of the tracks posted here, bought the WAV tracks on beatport --- I wasn't able to get a great sample of the Payback kick...so if someone has a better one please post. Here's a zip of a few samples I did get from African Drop, Alive, Broken, Payback. http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/daoVHlLP/file.html

Thanks for the effort. But it really sounds like you only did simple editing by just cutting out the parts where the bassdrum hits. The samples you ended up with are full of noise from other elements in the mix, and need to be isolated. Even the 'Alive'-kick could be sampled a lot cleaner than the one you ended up with.

As a lot of you guys here requested, I've sampled the full 'Payback'-kick (including sub): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvrayavyciddv ... k.wav?dl=0
It's ultra-clean, no weird noise on top of it or anything like that, so you don't have to worry about cleaning up the sample.
I know sampling clean kick drums is not always easy, so if anyone else has requests for sampling drums, hit me up (preferably within this thread, but you can send private requests as well if you want to). I sample lots of kick drums when I'm bored, so I basically do it for fun. ;)


Aryss - Thanks man! Honestly, I never learned, and do not know (obviously) proper technique for sampling kicks out of tracks. I have always just cut them out as you mention, then play with EQ or audio fades to cut out sounds at the end of the sample (but didn't do it here because i usually do it once I fit them into a project). I've heard Ableton is better for sampling than Logic but I only have Logic.

Are there any guidelines or tips that myself and everyone here should use when sampling? Your Payback kick sample sounds amazing, how did you get it with the sub so clean (instead of from Intro/Outro)? Also if you are taking requests...Gazlind - Trouble kick? (I could only get from Intro)

no avatar
Aryss
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Aryss » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Fezza wrote:Aryss - Thanks man! Honestly, I never learned, and do not know (obviously) proper technique for sampling kicks out of tracks. I have always just cut them out as you mention, then play with EQ or audio fades to cut out sounds at the end of the sample (but didn't do it here because i usually do it once I fit them into a project). I've heard Ableton is better for sampling than Logic but I only have Logic.

Are there any guidelines or tips that myself and everyone here should use when sampling? Your Payback kick sample sounds amazing, how did you get it with the sub so clean (instead of from Intro/Outro)? Also if you are taking requests...Gazlind - Trouble kick? (I could only get from Intro)

I think it actually doesn't matter which DAW you use for sampling. I use FL-Studio, and I'm 100% sure you can do it within Logic as well. It's all about the techniques you're using and knowing how and when to use those techniques. Of course, when a kick drum is masked by lots of other elements in the mix, it's a lot harder to sample it clean than when the kick is pretty much soloed in a track.

I usually don't use any EQ settings when I'm sampling kick drums, because it may change the whole carracter of the kick drum. I'd like to keep the result as close as possible to how it sounds within the track itself.
I sampled the kick from 'Payback' by cutting out two different parts of the track: The first hit in the intro (like you did as well) and somewhere in near the end of the track where the low end sounded pretty clean. I basically took the sub from that second sample and layered it with a cleaned version of the higher part from the intro. That's basically what I did. If I have to go in full detail about the sampling process, this post will be way to long, haha :D .

By the way, here is the kick I've sampled from 'Trouble': https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3djgdkgjklpu ... e.wav?dl=0
It's basically the same kick as in 'Alive', 'Broken' and countless other progressive house tracks, probably just with a different sub.

no avatar
Fezza
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Fezza » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 am

Aryss wrote:
Fezza wrote:Aryss - Thanks man! Honestly, I never learned, and do not know (obviously) proper technique for sampling kicks out of tracks. I have always just cut them out as you mention, then play with EQ or audio fades to cut out sounds at the end of the sample (but didn't do it here because i usually do it once I fit them into a project). I've heard Ableton is better for sampling than Logic but I only have Logic.

Are there any guidelines or tips that myself and everyone here should use when sampling? Your Payback kick sample sounds amazing, how did you get it with the sub so clean (instead of from Intro/Outro)? Also if you are taking requests...Gazlind - Trouble kick? (I could only get from Intro)

I think it actually doesn't matter which DAW you use for sampling. I use FL-Studio, and I'm 100% sure you can do it within Logic as well. It's all about the techniques you're using and knowing how and when to use those techniques. Of course, when a kick drum is masked by lots of other elements in the mix, it's a lot harder to sample it clean than when the kick is pretty much soloed in a track.

I usually don't use any EQ settings when I'm sampling kick drums, because it may change the whole carracter of the kick drum. I'd like to keep the result as close as possible to how it sounds within the track itself.
I sampled the kick from 'Payback' by cutting out two different parts of the track: The first hit in the intro (like you did as well) and somewhere in near the end of the track where the low end sounded pretty clean. I basically took the sub from that second sample and layered it with a cleaned version of the higher part from the intro. That's basically what I did. If I have to go in full detail about the sampling process, this post will be way to long, haha :D .

By the way, here is the kick I've sampled from 'Trouble': https://www.dropbox.com/s/y3djgdkgjklpu ... e.wav?dl=0
It's basically the same kick as in 'Alive', 'Broken' and countless other progressive house tracks, probably just with a different sub.


Thank you - really appreciate the help. It's good to know that you weren't getting one full clean kick sample but had to combine the top and bottom together to get the full thing. I will try the technique you mentioned to get mine much cleaner. And I guess if I can only get the top from an intro or whatever, I can always layer it with a sub

no avatar
JeroenJongsma
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:05 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by JeroenJongsma » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Thanks for the kicks man!
https://youtu.be/PwcpLk__6rs

Try this method out btw

no avatar
Aryss
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Aryss » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:32 pm

JeroenJongsma wrote:Thanks for the kicks man!
https://youtu.be/PwcpLk__6rs

Try this method out btw

Yep, that's the main method I've been using for years now. I even wrote a detailed post about it on another forum a few years ago. I think just a few people knew about that method at that time. I know also Dyro uses a very similar method to sample kick drums.

no avatar
Steve
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:24 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Steve » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:04 am

Clean sample at 2:45

no avatar
Camikingo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Camikingo » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Aryss wrote:
Fezza wrote:
9Four wrote:can someone post the payback kick?


I tried sampling out of the tracks posted here, bought the WAV tracks on beatport --- I wasn't able to get a great sample of the Payback kick...so if someone has a better one please post. Here's a zip of a few samples I did get from African Drop, Alive, Broken, Payback. http://www59.zippyshare.com/v/daoVHlLP/file.html

Thanks for the effort. But it really sounds like you only did simple editing by just cutting out the parts where the bassdrum hits. The samples you ended up with are full of noise from other elements in the mix, and need to be isolated. Even the 'Alive'-kick could be sampled a lot cleaner than the one you ended up with.

As a lot of you guys here requested, I've sampled the full 'Payback'-kick (including sub): https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvrayavyciddv ... k.wav?dl=0
It's ultra-clean, no weird noise on top of it or anything like that, so you don't have to worry about cleaning up the sample.
I know sampling clean kick drums is not always easy, so if anyone else has requests for sampling drums, hit me up (preferably within this thread, but you can send private requests as well if you want to). I sample lots of kick drums when I'm bored, so I basically do it for fun. ;)


Hello Aryss, I dunno :?: if you can sample sample the kicks from:

1) Martin Garrix vs. Matisse & Sadko - Break Through The Silence
2) David Guetta & Avicii - Sunshine
3) David Guetta - S.T.O.P
4) Alesso - City of Dreams
5) Avicii - Dancing in my Head
6) Avicii - Sunset Jesus
7) Nicky Romero - Metropolis

Thanks.

no avatar
Mick
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:37 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Mick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:42 am

So I am feeling quite generous so I sampled a few more kicks and then I decided to upload all of my FX's I got from track stems so enjoy

FX
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3b7ym68qeewqyl/FX.wav?dl=0

Kicks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xu5ekkhs0u0cp ... s.wav?dl=0

no avatar
Niore
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Re: Tracks to sample kicks!

by Niore » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:46 pm


PreviousNext

Return to Tips and Tricks

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests