How to make so powerfull piano?

Share your production secrets.
no avatar
SayFunk

Topic author

How to make so powerfull piano?

by SayFunk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Hello guys ( I dont know it is good section to ask about, if no Im sorry :D)
Do you know how to make your piano fat ? I found a lot of tips in google etc but still I dont know how to make this
I'm really curious how they made it , for example in this song :
or in this

Its only depend on compression , eq ?

Lets talk about it ! :D

no avatar
FeelTheImpact

Re: How to make so powerfull piano?

by FeelTheImpact » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:03 pm

The key is to layer a lot.I process them more or less the same way: eq,WOW filter (simple preset,just work with the main knobs) and in some cases i use a bit of distortion with izotope trash.The eq depends on how the piano is,if it's bright or not you are able to cut more highpass.You also could try in the layering process to pan some of them so the piano gets more space.Hope i helped mate :D

no avatar
erickt

by erickt » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:19 pm

sometimes i try to use 2 or 3 totally different pianos, for example, one very bright in nexus, one very sample using truepianos or any kontakt library you want and blend it with a separate reverb with some high on it... and using in the bus a good compressor... The Glue works very well on pianos

no avatar
Dystonal

by Dystonal » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:36 pm

I do somewhat the same what the guys above mentioned, and then i'll have one set of pianos playing for example the bottom chords, then another set playing the mid-high melody and then lastly a set playing individual notes slightly higher up to attenuate specific notes. Lots of layers and mixing problems come from this, but if you getting everything nicely panned and in balance, you'll get a pretty full sound.

no avatar
SayFunk

Topic author

by SayFunk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Thx guys for advice !! :D
Now Im going to do piano beatss 8-)

no avatar
MaxVangeli

by MaxVangeli » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:24 am

SayFunk wrote:Hello guys ( I dont know it is good section to ask about, if no Im sorry :D)
Do you know how to make your piano fat ? I found a lot of tips in google etc but still I dont know how to make this
I'm really curious how they made it , for example in this song : [ https://soundcloud.com/solitario-records/nora-en-pure-come-with-me ]
or in this
[ https://soundcloud.com/spinnin-deep/laurent-wolf-vs-lucas-steve-calinda-2k15 ]

Its only depend on compression , eq ?

Lets talk about it ! :D

I would say layering a few years ago but now honestly the only layering you should do is maybe a light low mid range pad chord layer to thicken it up. But the main piano its all processing and the actual piano you choose, form the examples it seems like a basic M1 Korg Piano patch or a processed Nexus piano. What i would suggest is to even do some Match EQing if you can find a clean piano cut somewhere in the mix. I will post a Match EQ tutorial in the main Tips and Tricks now.

no avatar
TonicTWSTD

by TonicTWSTD » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:07 pm

I would say by by eqing, little saturation, compression etc...just try out different things and you will get different results...in my opinion you can achieve a good sound without layering

Return to Tips and Tricks