Releasing Your First Track

Let's talk.
no avatar
MaxVangeli

Re: Releasing Your First Track

by MaxVangeli » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:30 pm

iamstevengold wrote:Hey guys, My name's Steven Gold.

Lately I feel like I've been getting to the point in production where I feel I can finally release music!
My issue is that even though I feel like I'm getting pretty good, I then tell myself I can do better & don't release what I have.

Also, I was talking to Zaxx https://twitter.com/ZAXXOfficial about it & he says the best thing to do is NOT release anything until you're good enough to be comparable to your aspirations.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So anyway, I thought I would start this thread to talk about "releasing". What do YOU guys think is best when release your first track?

Send to Labels until it gets picked up?
Send it to some Blogs/YouTube channels??
Aim to win a remix competition?
Just wing it and if it's good enough people will find it?
Something different?

Let's Chat :D

Think of this as your label for now where you can feel comfortable exposing yourself and get proper help. I would avoid sending anything unless you know 100% sure you are ready, and I think the forum will let you know when you are. Main reason is simple, in my book everyone gets one shot. If you send me a promo and it sucks I will MOST likely not going to download your stuff again. And the same goes for labels, when you submit something your first one needs to be dope! It will make the labels turn heads and even if the song doesn't fit the label, they will tell you to keep them posted. And to be honest you will know when your read, if you are questioning yourself that means you are not there yet.

no avatar
IamMetis

by IamMetis » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:49 pm

MaxVangeli wrote:
iamstevengold wrote:Hey guys, My name's Steven Gold.

Lately I feel like I've been getting to the point in production where I feel I can finally release music!
My issue is that even though I feel like I'm getting pretty good, I then tell myself I can do better & don't release what I have.

Also, I was talking to Zaxx https://twitter.com/ZAXXOfficial about it & he says the best thing to do is NOT release anything until you're good enough to be comparable to your aspirations.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So anyway, I thought I would start this thread to talk about "releasing". What do YOU guys think is best when release your first track?

Send to Labels until it gets picked up?
Send it to some Blogs/YouTube channels??
Aim to win a remix competition?
Just wing it and if it's good enough people will find it?
Something different?

Let's Chat :D

Think of this as your label for now where you can feel comfortable exposing yourself and get proper help. I would avoid sending anything unless you know 100% sure you are ready, and I think the forum will let you know when you are. Main reason is simple, in my book everyone gets one shot. If you send me a promo and it sucks I will MOST likely not going to download your stuff again. And the same goes for labels, when you submit something your first one needs to be dope! It will make the labels turn heads and even if the song doesn't fit the label, they will tell you to keep them posted. And to be honest you will know when your read, if you are questioning yourself that means you are not there yet.

This scares me a lot sometimes, haha :?

no avatar
iamstevengold

Topic author

by iamstevengold » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:41 am

Think of this as your label for now where you can feel comfortable exposing yourself and get proper help. I would avoid sending anything unless you know 100% sure you are ready, and I think the forum will let you know when you are. Main reason is simple, in my book everyone gets one shot. If you send me a promo and it sucks I will MOST likely not going to download your stuff again. And the same goes for labels, when you submit something your first one needs to be dope! It will make the labels turn heads and even if the song doesn't fit the label, they will tell you to keep them posted. And to be honest you will know when your read, if you are questioning yourself that means you are not there yet.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply Max! Good info, I feel like sending to YouTube channels such as Proximity can definitely help too, that is my goal currently once I feel I'm ready

Previous

Return to General Discussion