synths

Let's talk.
no avatar
Stevooa

Topic author

synths

by Stevooa » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Was just wondering if anyone has any good info or videos on synths, I only recently started attempting to make music and find it difficult to emulate the sounds I hear in my head and it's starts to get demotivating/frustrating after a while, I know that there's a synthology section on here but the sounds i'm looking to make are a little bit different from the tutorials posted so i'm a bit stumped. I also know it will take plenty of practice to fine tune them to get the sound i want but a pointer in the right direction would be a massive help for me. Here's an idea of similar music that i'm trying to produce. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated :)

no avatar
Orbiteus

Re: synths

by Orbiteus » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:49 pm

dude don't worry if you dont know how to make synths. Learning the ropes is always hard. You just need to be patient ;) everything takes time to figure out ... . It took me a year to understand what can i do from FM, Addive or Subtractive and even now i can recreate all the sounds ... ;). You can check seamless videos ... He explain everything what you need to know to know how to make synth that you want ;)

no avatar
GirosOfficial

Re: synths

by GirosOfficial » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:11 am

Stevooa wrote:Was just wondering if anyone has any good info or videos on synths, I only recently started attempting to make music and find it difficult to emulate the sounds I hear in my head and it's starts to get demotivating/frustrating after a while, I know that there's a synthology section on here but the sounds i'm looking to make are a little bit different from the tutorials posted so i'm a bit stumped. I also know it will take plenty of practice to fine tune them to get the sound i want but a pointer in the right direction would be a massive help for me. Here's an idea of similar music that i'm trying to produce. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated :)
[ YouTube ]

[ YouTube ]

Hey man, I know exactly what you're going through lol, Eric Prydz & Olander are my two biggest inspirations. I had that problem for a while. What I recommend (If you're still having this problem) is messing around with Logic's software synths if thats the DAW you're still using. ES1, ES2, ESP, etc. Those are the Synths that are on a lot of the songs by Prydz, Olander, Fehrplay, etc! If you have any other questions just feel free to shoot me a message!

Return to General Discussion