Where do you get new presets and samples ?

Let's talk.
no avatar
Simon

Topic author

Where do you get new presets and samples ?

by Simon » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:29 pm

Hello everyone , Where do you get new presets and samples ?

no avatar
Håkis

Re: Where do you get new presets and samples ?

by Håkis » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:07 pm

Well for samples I always google the elements I'm after, like '' Organic perscussion samples'' or maybe '' vintage drum samples'' or something like that. Then I download/purchase the packs/free samples. But I always try to try everything with the samples I have before looking for new ones, so I also recommend creating your own samples with the help of distortion units like Izoptope Trash/other creative effects. For presets I create my own and process them to get the sound I'm after, but I would also search for preset packs or watch sound design tutorials for new presets!
But a new preset pack is always a refreshing, so just search for a new pack for a certain synth would do alot!

Hope this was usefull!

no avatar
Geomaticz

by Geomaticz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:54 am

Personally I purchase regularly sample packs from WA Production Samples, CR2 and others from Beatport Sounds, Splice etc. Also, try to keep an eye on blogs/websites since there are regularly quite good sample packs that are free to download.

Also as mentioned above, try to create your own samples by chopping, tweaking and stuff.

no avatar
Diego7

by Diego7 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:03 am

For presets i use google
for samples i use audicity

Return to General Discussion