Ed Han - ID

Show us your productions.
no avatar
ehan12

Topic author

Ed Han - ID

by ehan12 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:35 am

Hey guys, so here's a WIP of a chill, lounge-house/ambient track that I've been working on for a little over a month. Any feedback is appreciated but I'd love some feedback on song arrangement and mixing etc.

Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/edward-han/the-forgotten-forest-unmastered-demo/s-1jV8p
Last edited by ehan12 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
TheTribe

Re: Ed Han - ID

by TheTribe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am

Hey Ed Han,

actually it's a cool track with a cool kind of African vibe.

But you should be careful with your reverb. If you compress it in you master, the reverb will become really loud. Maybe you should try a bit less.

Sometimes it gets a bit messy with your kick and the orchestral sounds.

I think that's it. :)

Greetings from Germany
Phil

no avatar
ehan12

Topic author

by ehan12 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:55 am

Hey Phil,

First off, I just wanted to say thank you very much for taking the time to listen to my track and giving me feedback on it. I really appreciate it! I'm glad you enjoyed the track. I'll definitely lower the reverb volume and EQ the kicks and instruments better. I haven't spent much time mixing the track yet as I wanted to get my main ideas down first! How was the arrangement? Did the track feel too long?

no avatar
TheTribe

by TheTribe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:18 pm

Hey Ed,

in my opinion the mid part is a little bit too long. Maybe you can add another instrument or something to keep it interesting over the time.
You also could introduce your strings at 0:48 a little bit more. But the rest of the arrangement should work.

Kind Regards
Phil

no avatar
AlphaHotel

by AlphaHotel » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Interesting track! I would say you could turn up the general volume of the track from the beginning to where the strings come in at 0:48...the first part sounds really quiet (which is probably what you're going for, but you could match volume levels more or less and still get the same effect).
Last Track: SOAR

Next: ???

no avatar
ehan12

Topic author

by ehan12 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 am

Hey AlphaHotel, thanks for the feedback! I've updated the the track to include your suggestion!

AlphaHotel wrote:Interesting track! I would say you could turn up the general volume of the track from the beginning to where the strings come in at 0:48...the first part sounds really quiet (which is probably what you're going for, but you could match volume levels more or less and still get the same effect).

no avatar
DJShow

by DJShow » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Liked it, it feels like a story, I feel like the snare can be better processed btw !
Chadi B.

Return to Feedback